FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Weickenand Reelected to NAFCU Board
MEMPHIS, TN (May 12, 2018) — Daniel Weickenand, CEO of Orion Federal Credit Union, won the reelection to an at-large seat on the National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) Board of Directors in voting that closed Wednesday, May 3. The announcement was made by Thomas W. DeWitt, NAFCU’s board secretary in Washington DC. Weickenand will begin the new, three-year term at the close of NAFCU’s annual business meeting, slated June 13.
“I’m honored to continue to serve on the Board of Directors for NAFCU, an organization so committed to representing and assisting the entire credit union industry grow and excel,” said Daniel Weickenand.
Daniel Weickenand is the Chief Executive Officer of Orion FCU, headquartered in Memphis, TN. He earned his BBA in accounting and MBA from the University of Texas in San Antonio. Daniel has devoted 25 years to the credit union industry. His management expertise in turning around distressed financial institutions led him to Orion in 2010. Under Daniel’s leadership, Orion FCU has grown to be the largest federal credit union in west Tennessee. Daniel is an active volunteer and invested in the Memphis community. He serves on the Regional One Hospital Board of Directors and serves various other local charitable organizations.
NAFCU is the only national trade association focusing exclusively on federal issues affecting the nation’s federally-insured credit unions. NAFCU membership is direct and provides credit unions with the best in federal advocacy, education and compliance assistance.
Weickenand joins other NAFCU Board Members:
- Richard L. Harris, president and CEO of Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union (La Canada, Calif.), also board chair for NAFCU;
- Jeanne Kucey, president and CEO of JetStream Federal Credit Union (Miami Lakes, Fla.), also board vice chair for NAFCU;
- Debra Schwartz, president and CEO of Mission Federal Credit Union (San Diego, Calif.), also board treasurer for NAFCU;
- Thomas W. DeWitt, president and CEO of State Farm Federal Credit Union (Bloomington, Ill.), also board secretary for NAFCU;
- Martin Breland, president and CEO of Tower Federal Credit Union (Laurel, Md.);
- Robert L. Fisher, president and CEO of Grow Financial Federal Credit Union (Tampa, Fla.);
- Gary Grinnell, president and CEO of Corning Federal Credit Union (Corning, N.Y.);
- Rod Taylor, president and CEO of Barksdale Federal Credit Union (Bossier City, La.);
- Jan N. Roche, president and CEO of State Department Federal Credit Union (Alexandria, Va.); and
- Charles A. Rutan, president and CEO of Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union (Dallas, Texas).
For more information on NAFCU, go to www.nafcu.org
ABOUT Orion FCU
Founded in Memphis in 1957, Orion FCU has grown to become the largest credit union in west Tennessee, with over 65,000 members and nearly $775 million in assets. Orion offers a full spectrum of banking options ranging from savings and checking accounts to home, auto, commercial, and personal loans. For more information on Orion FCU, go to https://orionfcu.com/
Contact: Casey Condra
Director of Marketing
Orion Federal Credit Union